- If today is your first day of class, please view the blog posts from Monday and Wednesday (click on Monday’s and Wednesday’s date on the calendar on the right.) and complete the student information sheet.
PART I. Technology-integrated learning
Please come up with a list of technologies:
- Group A. A list of technologies you use everyday
- Group B. A list of technologies you used in K-12
- Group C. A list of technologies you want to use in class
PART II. Reading Assignment (11:59 PM, January 14)
Here is our first reading assignment.
Be prepared to respond to one question in class:
– What was the big idea or takeaway you had from the Meaningful Learning with Technology chapter?
Write one paragraph for each question and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org:
– Please briefly describe the five attributes of meaningful learning.
– Please explain the meaning of “Learning With Technology” as compared to “Learning from Technology.”
PART III. Creating an Online Presence
Even if you don’t have a website, you probably already have an online presence – through Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc. As a learner in the 21st century – it is important for you to know how to create your own website. We’ll be working on this project throughout the semester. Today, we’ll build the structure of your site, create an introduction page, and write your autobiography page. You’ll be using your website throughout the semester to store, display, and reflect upon course projects.
Google Sites is like a combination website, blog, and wiki all rolled into one. We’ll be using it for all three functions. You’re going to be really amazed at what you can create without knowing anything about html code!
Go to: http://sites.google.com and log in.
Our tasks for today:
*Create the home page, insert an image, write a few sentences about what you hope to learn this semester.
*Create an “about me” page with images, links, and background info
We’re just getting comfortable with the tool – so we’ll mess up a few times – but in a few weeks we won’t remember what is was like to not be able to create webpages.
- Complete the student information sheet if you’ve not already done so.
- Create your website and fill out this form so I can find your website