- Web 2.0 Quiz is available here.
- If you cannot find an appropriate web 2.0 tool, these sites maybe helpful.
- http://www.go2web20.net/ You might try exploring under the “collaboration” and/or “communication” tabs on this site will show you some additional tools you might want to learn more about.
- Review your peers’ works by this Sunday (March 2).
- You will receive your social media strategy plan result by next Friday (March 7).
- Tweet any good/memorable/effective commercial to #P3_ToolCommercial
- Check your attendance. Contact me if you have questions.
- Did you review the Tool Commercial page under projects? Any question?
PART I. Informercial
In this project, you are going to create a commercial about a web 2.0 tool where you highlight how the tool might be used by your audience to support communication and collaboration. Remember that the purpose of your infomercial is AWARENESS – it is not a training video.
The word “infomercial” is a portmanteau of the words “information” and “commercial”. As in any other form of advertisement, the content is a commercial message designed to represent the viewpoints and to serve the interest of the sponsor. (Retrieved from Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infomercial#cite_note-5)
Here is an example of informercial.
Here’s another one.
If you want to watch some more infomercials, you can go to the Time’s list of 25 best/worst infomercials. Some of the infomercials are really interesting!
Okay, all these are professional ones. These are not the ones that I am expecting you to create. Let’s take a look at the informercials created by former EDIT2000 students.
I hope these give you a better idea about what your infomercial could look like. Now, I want you to spend a little bit of time exploring your tool.
PART II. Further Schedule
- March 2 (Sun): Peer evaluation due
- March 3 (Mon): How to use Jing
- March 5 (Wed): Concerns about Tool Commercial (Rubric, due date…)
- March 7 (Fri): 2nd project score/ Project Day
- March 10 – 14: Spring break
- March 17: Tool Commercial Due
- We will talk about how to use Jing. Before you come to class, please download Jing to your laptop.
- Please let me know your partner(s) and web 2.0 tool for your project.