- Please frequently check your attendance calendar. This calendar is updated after every class.
- Reminder of the attendance policy
- Participation and attendance are worth 10% of your overall grade.
- You are permitted to miss three classes without penalty.
- One late pass may be used to excuse an absence. Although you may have multiple late passes, they cannot be used for multiple absences.
- If you miss four classes, the highest grade you can earn for this course is a 90%.
- Missing more than four classes may result in a WF for the semester.
- If you are ready to take pictures today, you’ll need a camera. You may check out a tripod and a camera downstairs in OIT – rm 232. You can use your phone, of course.
PART I. Stop Animation: Props Day
Hope you all have played with either iMovie or any other tool a little bit. Please do spend sometime this week to get yourself familiar with the tool.
Please keep working on props today. If there’s anything I can do for you, please let me know.
PART II. Stop Animation: Filming Day
We’ll take pictures (you’ll want somewhere between 80 and 100 or more pictures) today – that’s the goal. If you get any further than that, great! But don’t rush creativity!!!
If you do finish taking your pictures, you’ll want to import the pictures into iMovie (or whatever tool you want to use). Here are the brief steps of how you import the pictures to iMovie:
Connect your camera to a laptop and copy them to the desktop (or any other place that you can easily access).
- Open iMovie
- Create a new project
- IMPORTANT: we want to turn off default zoom (Ken Burn effect – Do you remember Ron show this?): Go to File > Project Properties and click the “Timing” tab in the top left corner. In the “Initial Photo Placement” drop-down menu at the bottom of the window, change the option from “Ken Burns” to “Fit in Frame.” If you skip this step you’ll have a zoom effect on every picture you import into your video and it might ruin your project!
- Now, you are ready to edit your animation!!
- Also, remember what we talk about the copyright issue. If you want to use some background music, make sure that you are not breaking the rule.
- We will keep working on making stop animation videos.